The Media and Global Communication master’s degree programme at the University of Helsinki offers five cutting edge courses (25 credits) in media and global communication to professional journalists as non-graduate studies.
Courses that will be offered during the academic year 2012-2013 include:
- Introduction to Media and Global Communication
- Journalism and New Media
- Cultural Diversity and Social Media
- Global Communication and Digital Media: Building Communities
- Global Media Industries and Structures
- Mediated Participations
- Media, Journalism and Politics in Latin America
- Media Ownership and Comparative Media Systems
The teaching language is English. The courses will be taught by distinguished visiting professors such as Nico Carpentier, Axel Bruns, Rodney Benson and Carolina Matos. To participate in the courses, a very good command of English is required.
The application deadline is 30 April 2012. For more information on how to apply and the fees, please see the web page below or contact the programme coordinator: Ms. Yonca Ermutlu, e-mail: yonca.ermutlu(at)helsinki.fi , phone: (09) 191 24845.
Web page: http://www.helsinki.fi/globalmedia/admission/non_graduate.html